Important Concepts Visualized and Explained.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Cool Weather, Cold Legs

As the training progresses, I'm learning a little more each day about how to prepare for the day's run and how to keep comfortable while making my miles.

This morning, my nifty bedside alarm clock/wireless weather station showed 44 degrees when I started out this morning. Unfortunately, even the miracle of wireless technology can sometimes be, well, wrong. It was really 31 degrees, and I didn't pay much attention to the chilliness until well down the path this morning. The pants would have been nice.

As Bob Dylan once said, "you don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows," but I at least need one to tell how cold it is outside!

Despite the chill in the air, the running came fairly naturally this morning, and I was a little faster than on Monday. I'll probably add a few blocks to keep the time running up.

No comments: